CALL or TEXT US +1.705.363.7529
This course is highly participative and has 9 specific exercises plus each participant will prepare and perform a One-on-One training activity as well as a 7-10 minute class presentation.
Duration: 3 days, 8 hrs/day
Participants: any individual of an organization that engages in training and/or instruction in their workplace
Location: courses regularly scheduled at all Northern College campuses (see their website or Facebook for latest schedule); courses can also be scheduled for private sessions at a firm's location - upon request to InDepth Safety Solutions HERE
You've become an expert in your job, now learn how to train others.
Train the Trainer is a trainer/instructor development course designed to meet the minimum requirements set by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development of Ontario for their common core training programs.
Having this certificate is an absolute must when individuals are engaged in training others in the mining sector. It is also one of the requirement options by the Ministry of Labour for many of the training obligations as outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act, however employers should be aware that having their trainers and instructors attend this course is recognized as a show of due diligence, regardless of business type or industry
Supervisors/Managers are also required to attend this course if they are instructing their employees from time to time throughout the work shift. They will highly benefit from the presentation skills workshop done on the final day of the course.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- apply adult learning principles to various training situations
- develop sound learning objectives
- develop content material that addresses the learning objectives
- develop learning activities that are consistent with both the learning objectives and content material
- select the most appropriate delivery medium
- apply presentation techniques
- develop and practice group facilitation skills
- develop and apply evaluation techniques
To achieve these objectives, this course discusses the following:
- Adult Learning - adult learning principles; characteristics of adult learners; acknowledging cultural differences; dealing with uneven educational backgrounds and/or experience; and participant involvement.
- Designing Training - determining learning objectives by carrying out a job/task analysis; developing detailed session/lesson plans taking into consideration the use of government legislation, company standards, other applicable standards and manufacturer specifications and ensuring the designed program meets the needs of the job/task analysis.
- Presentation Skills - use of instructional and audio/visual aids; applying effective communication skills with individuals and groups; practicing active listening, awareness of positive body language; methods for conducting 'hands-on' field training.
- Facilitation Skills - generating group participation; maintaining classroom control; dealing with participant reaction and behaviour; evaluating self and group as training progresses; addressing housekeeping/administrative controls.
- Putting it All Together - demonstration of delivery material by applying presentation, facilitation, and communication skills.
- Evaluation Techniques - providing feedback; conducting demonstration of skills test; and testing and auditing.